Saturday, May 27, 2017

Crimes and Confessions

October 13, 2009 by
Filed under Mark's Vlog

David-Miscavige

What are David Miscavige’s crimes?  They are many.  Among them, according to the St. Pete Times articles, he has been listening to private conversations and auditing sessions through an elaborate electronic setup.  This would appear to break the Florida wiretapping laws:

Florida’s wiretapping law is a “two-party consent” law. Florida makes it a crime to intercept or record a “wire, oral, or electronic communication” in Florida, unless all parties to the communication consent. See Fla. Stat. ch. 934.03. Florida law makes an exception for in-person communications when the parties do not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in the conversation, such as when they are engaged in conversation in a public place where they might reasonably be overheard. If you are operating in Florida, you may record these kinds of in-person conversations without breaking the law. However, you should always get the consent of all parties before recording any telephone conversation and any in-person that common sense tells you is private.

In addition to subjecting you to criminal prosecution, violating the Florida wiretapping law can expose you to a civil lawsuit for damages by an injured party.

Who should be informed?  Well, here’s a couple of organizations:

Clearwater Office of the FBI
601 Cleveland St # 400
Clearwater, FL
(727) 461-7055

Clearwater Police Department

Here’s a link to Anja’s departure from the Raelian movement and the video from the Go Topless Day Event.

And here’s the Knowledge Report from New OTVIII Mary Jo Leavitt.

Comments

11 Responses to “Crimes and Confessions”
  1. Megaroni says:

I was so sad when it went down. :(

2. Mike says:

Ah, but the Internet did exist in the 80s. ARPANET was converted to the current Internet network protocols in 1983, large-scale connection of the US universities begun in 85 and opening to commercial operators in 88. alt.religion.scientology was started in 1991 and I’m guessing there was some discussion about scientology on the net going on before that in other forms that lead to the start of the newsgroup.

Ok, so I’m being facetious, and not many people had Internet-connected computers at home until 94-95. The point is that the history of these things is at least a little bit longer than many people realize.

3. XENU TV says:

I know things heated up on a.r.s. around ’95 which is when I believe Helena Kobrin tried to cancel the newsgroup and brought about the wrath of free-speech advocates. The same type of nonsense that provoke Anonymous in 2008.

Scientology never learns.

4. TheGoddamnPacman says:

I may not be the only person to ask this, but….

…is that a WBM mask next to the V mask? Second question, where can I buy one?

5. XENU TV says:

That is the wonderful WBM sockpuppet made by AllMuppetCaligula for his three part series, “Potty Training Suri Cruise.”

He graciously sent the WBM and Tory puppets to me and I love them.

6. R. Hill says:

I always found amusing the negativity attached by Scientologists regarding this “squirreling the tech” concept. Matter of fact is the only way to render Scientology less harmful is by actually heavily “squirreling” it.

Regarding hidden cameras, this was reported back in 93:
    http://www.xenu-directory.net/news/images/thecompiler-1993-9.pdf#page=6, transcribed on ARS @ http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/msg/d52d92724425036b

“Haworth said he didn’t know if written consent forms are used, but people give at least verbal consent before being taped.”

Since we are talking about Scientology here, I doubt all was done openly.

7. Artoo45 says:

Wow. That was some kinda KR. It’s a little hard to follow what with all the cultspeak and acronyms, but I think I get the gist of it. What I find sad is that though Mary Jo’s been disillusioned regarding Miscavige, she is still in thrall to Hubbard. It seems that among many of those fleeing the church recently, Hubbard is still revered as some kind of saint who’s been misrepresented by squirreling the tech. Miscavige is Hubbard’s mini-me, a ruthless megalomaniac who runs his cult with intimidation and terror, just like his mentor. Of course, Hubbard had a charming, charismatic side that the Tiny Terror totally lacks. Nobody likes him, they’re only afraid of him and this will be his Achilles’ heel. He can’t keep this up much longer, the endless regging, the out PR, the crashing stats. It’s all got to come tumbling down sooner than later. Mary Jo seems to be a fine, well-intentioned and ethical woman, she’s unfortunately unable to see that the organization she has devoted so much of her time and money to is a complete scam and that the tech is nonsense. May she wake up one more time.

David Miscarrage should be in jail and Hubbard’s in Hell. May he burn forever.
    D.M. should get ass raped by an inmate named Big Bubba. Scientology is a Scam with a Capital S. By the way that’s what the s means in their symbol. Scientology should be spelled s-c-a-m or f-r-a-u-d. L. Ron is a Con. Ask a Scilon how many people did they rip off today. Anyone who plays with the tech will get hosed. Aren’t Scilons allergic to water or something. A song for protest called At The Brain Wash would be appropriate for Clearwater. David M should be put in the stocks and made to wear leg irons. Mabey if he does get sent to prison the court should send him to Apryo’s Jail, Tent City.

9. I have a personal story about my run-in at age 14 with Scientology (though it was called Dianetics at the time), given in this post on my blog: http://polaris93.livejournal.com/1908168.html Thought you might find it of interest. If you can use it on your site, feel free.

10. Peter Czaika says:

I was in SO from 1989-1993 in NEPI Kopenhagen and in Golden Era Production after. I know mark rathbun, Mike rinder and mark headley also Chris Guider my rtc maa. My luck was that I was on KTL in Gold and the course showed me to leave the SO. Simple PTS tech. If I decieded to leave it was like I got my beingness back. I´m right now stuck and don´t know I can continue. I would be nice you could give me an e-mail address of Mark rathbun or mike rinder, so that I can contact them. I stay in germany. It was a surprise for me when I heard they are not in the SO more. I know this just a short time. If mike rinder, mark rathbun or mark headley hear my name they are pbrobably happy. ML Peter Czaika

11. Brian H says:

Anyone else notice DM isn’t wearing a wedding ring?